Porcelain tile’s beauty and durability are equally amazing. How does our porcelain tile compare to our ceramic tile?
- Is considerably denser and more impervious, which means it is more resistant to fluid passing through
- Has a much lower rate of water absorption, so it’s suitable for interiors and exteriors in all climates
- Is considered frost resistant
- Has a greater breaking strength
- Is fired at extremely high temperatures, becoming 30% harder than natural stone (like granite and marble)
- Costs less than natural stone
- It’s important to note that all porcelain is ceramic but not all ceramic is porcelain. Specifically, porcelain is ceramic that has lower water absorption due to a denser body therefore it’s ideally suited for outdoor installations.
- Tends to be more cost effective than porcelain
- Is easier for the installer to cut
- Has more color options available
No matter which Shaw product you choose, rest assured that you are choosing a quality product you can enjoy for years to come.